I’ve had the pleasure of teaching workshops and presenting programs for both children and adults. Some of the places include:
- Faith Christian Academy, Mt. Airy, GA
- The Mountain Community School, Hendersonville, NC
- Inman Elementary School, Inman, SC
- Afterschool at Monaview Elementary, Greenville, SC
- Children’s Museum of Greenville
- Greenville County Library
- Greenville Zoo
- Trillium Summer Arts Camp
- Kids Kreate! Writing Camp
- North Greenville University
- Write2Ignite! Christian Writing Conference
- SCBWI-Carolinas Annual Conference
- Emrys Foundation
I would love to come share with your students or organization! Here are some possible presentations, though I would be happy to tailor it to meet your needs.
Let’s Talk Books
Through the presentation The Making of a Picture Book, students learn just how a picture book is created — from the author’s initial story ideas to the finished book in hand. Original illustrations from various picture books are a part of this program, as are some really cool hats.
Nonfiction Fun! In this presentation, students will discover that nonfiction doesn’t have to be boring. By writing nonfiction, I’ve learned about so many different things, from how to use a solar cooker, how to treat a copperhead bite, and even how to survive on a deserted island.
As you can see, I love teaching art! Art lessons can be developed to complement any of my books or as stand-alone projects.
Q & A
One of the best parts of a presentation is often the Q & A. In anticipation of some common questions, I bring along a lot of visual aids — notes, sketches, reference photos, etc.
The cost varies depending on the type and length of the program. Generally, school visits are as follows:
- Single hour presentation: $150
- Half day visit (up to 3 hours): $350
- Full day visit: $500
If the visits are more than 3 hours away from Greenville, SC, lodging expenses may also apply.
Other visits vary in cost depending on the type of program and venue. Please contact me for more information or to discuss a possible program: Sam at SamanthaBellBooks dot com.